Thanks for visiting my blog, you can join me by subscribing

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why use some old books?

I received this recently via email:
I'm really thrilled with our eclectic approach this year.  It's been a bit slow going but I'm muddling through lots of information.  My children really do enjoy the McGuffey readers as there is no busy work.  It's simple yet deeply thought provoking, and pure  - whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely (Phil 4:8)....think on these things - that's been my homeschooling verse that the Lord keeps putting on my heart and no other curriculum or whole books have really fit until now.  It almost seems too simple, yet I can see that my children are thinking, really thinking.  It's refreshing!--sent by Patricia

Simple,

thought-provoking,

pure,

children that are really thinking,

refreshing;

these are the ways these books are herein described.

Whatever is based on God's Word is timeless.

0 comments :

Post a Comment