Thanks for visiting my blog, you can join me by subscribing

Monday, January 16, 2012

Help!

It's mid-winter where most of us live. The skies are bleak, the ground is frozen. Our thoughts can become as bare as the trees.

Then there are the children--the lovely, lively ones who delight us.

But we worry.

"Will I get all of this educating done? Are we doing enough? How can I keep this dirty house together without neglecting their education? How can I love on my babies without letting the older children suffer? Where can I find the strength to face all of this responsibility?"

Don't look around you, look up! He is a help in time of trouble--cry out to Him! 

This will be your answer:

"I will help him, saith the Lord," (Isaiah 41:14)

"It is but a small thing for Me, thy God, to help thee. consider what I have done already. What! not help thee? Why, I bought thee with my blood. What! not help thee? I have died for thee; and if I have done the greater, will I not do the less? Help thee! It is the least thing I will ever do for thee; I have done more, and will do more. Before the world began I chose thee. I made a covenant for thee. I laid aside My glory and became a man for thee; I gave My life for thee; and if I did all this, I will surely help thee now. In helping thee, I am giving thee what I have bought for thee already. If thou hadst need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it thee; thou requirest little compared with what I am ready to give.  'Tis much for thee to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow. 'Help thee?' Fear not! If there were an ant at the door of thy granary asking for help, it would not ruin thee to give him a handful of thy wheat; and thou art nothing but a tiny insect at the door of My all-sufficiency. 'I will help thee.'" (Charles Spurgeon, Morning by Morning, January 16)

Not everything in our lives is meant to be "perfect", just made perfect by His will and intentions for us.

Yes, everyone has a challenging child, or a challenging day, or challenging circumstances. It is all about learning to rest and abide in Christ.

"Lo, I am with you always, even until the end of the age..."

0 comments :

Post a Comment