Thanks for visiting my blog, you can join me by subscribing

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Courage of Sarah Noble{photo}

My tiny daughters and I have been reading through the book, "The Courage of Sarah Noble". 

I have read it before to the older children, but I just had to share it with the little ones coming up. Faith is 8 years old now, just like Sarah in the story, so she really identified with the main character. 

This book is not just for small people, but for us adults as well. Sarah says to herself over and over, "Keep up your courage, Sarah Noble." This is a good reminder for all of us, especially as we go through challenging times. 

This is a very Christian book, as the main character is left by herself with nothing to do, so she reads her Bible, but can't quite decide which is her favorite story! When Indians show up, she wishes that God would talk to her like He did to Samuel, when suddenly she knows what to do; she reads the Bible aloud to them! 

The book was so impacting that I knew I had to find a way to extend it, so we took an old apple box, some paper, markers, and a stapler, and created a diarama. Then  the  little girls took turns explaining the book and their artistic creation to the whole family. 

Here is the completed diarama--put together in about 20 min.!

This book is terrific for those who are just stepping into reading, since it is so simply written, yet still very engaging. I highly recommend it!

0 comments :

Post a Comment